Wednesday 20 November 2013

Stress, Work, Babies, Puppies & Nail Art!

Hello you wonderful people!

It feels sooo good to be writing a post again. Haven't done anything sinceee *double checks* OH MY GOD the 7th of November. That's like, 13 whole days of nothingness. Well, I've smacked myself on the wrist and hopefully it wont happen again!

This is just going to be a quick catch up on, well.. me. Just want to explain my absence really. (For those of you who don't want to read, there are photos and you can kind of get the gist of what I've been up to haha!)

I've basically had two crazy weeks at work. It seemed like after my key turn interview i was thrown in at the deep end a little, and I've been running the store quite a bit! We had a really important visit from some top dogs that work at Claire's, and as i was running the two days before they came it was my responsibility to get everything PERFECT. I pulled two crazy shifts and was totally exhausted but it was all worth it when the visit went really well.. Better than expected actually! And despite being shattered before the 'big day' so to speak, i just had to do some nail art using purple and white.. Claire's Accessories colours.

To create this look i used:
Claire's Accessories - Un-named Purple
OPI - Purple Glitter Sand
Seche Vite - Top Coat
Barry M - White Nail Art Pen
Gold Studs - eBay





 

Now, after a week of running on no sleep, working 24/7 and being completely deprived of any me time.. It's safe to say nails went out the window. You know what manicure i was sporting? None. My nails were butt nekkid. You want to see? I warn you, they aren't pretty.


Had to pop a filter on to hide that sexy yellow nail colour i have right now ;)

But it's not all gloom and doom! Remember me mentioning my sister in this post? Well more importantly, her bump? ..I'm an auntie! :D Not so little baby Grace was born on Thursday 14th November, and i couldn't be prouder of my sister. Now this is a photo you want to see..

Say hi to Grace everyone!


Me getting first cuddles!


Isn't she just scrumptious? :D 

So hopefully you can all let me off, I haven't been slacking I've just been a very busy bee! I finally had two days off on Monday and Tuesday though, and i guess i could have spent it painting my nails but i did have another offer.. Doing manicures, or cuddling up with four dogs and five puppies?

I chose puppies. Meet Pickle.


Can you really blame me? :P

Well that's it for my catch up post, hope you enjoyed reading it! I'm not entirely sure how i'm going to catch up with the 33DC, i'll probably resume it on Friday and then post a couple of catch ups at a time. I'll also do a £1 Polish post tomorrow, just ignore the fact it isn't Wednesday ;P

TTFN! Becky x

Oh, if I ever go quiet again you can always follow me on Instagram by clicking THIS LINKY THINGY.

3 comments:

  1. So nice to have you back! And Grace, she is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thankyou, it's nice to be back! Ohh i know, she is the spitting image of my sister.. i'm such a proud auntie :)

      Delete
  2. I love the liquid sand texture of the OPI polish, and the gold studs look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...